CAREER— although a simple word, yet too complex a term to deal with. It is what makes or mars us. Being able to make a correct decision about the same is often so essential that it eventually shapes who we become not just professionally but also as a person. It determines one’s level of satisfaction, well-being and one’s mental state.
It is often so easily confused with its sibling terms like job, work, occupation etc. It happens all the more as some define career as the sequence of occupations, jobs and positions, occupied by an individual during the course of his or her working life. These terms though popularly used in the place of the term career are slightly different from it.
- Job refers to something one does largely with the sole objective of earning money.
- Work refers to something so worth doing for its own sake. One may get paid or may not get paid for the same. Also, a work that may seem right for us at one stage of our life may not be right for us at the next stage of life.
- Occupation refers to a specific work activity one is involved in, in one’s occupational work life.
Most people around us are seen engaged in either a job, or a work or an occupation and there are very few people living out their careers. And this is exactly what determines whether you will be listed among the top successful people or among the many, who, seem to be largely managing their professional lives.
So what is a career then?
- It is something one lives with, for the rest of their life
- It provides a sense of happiness and satisfaction
- It enables one to display one’s true potential, as one is likely to be the most creative at it
- It brings one’s best out, as one is passionate about it
- It adds meaning to life and is closely related to one’s identity
- It determines the way one looks at oneself and want the world to see them as
- It is something where the hurdles or challenges motive one and make them stand out from the rest
- It makes one love every single minute of what one does…
If you feel the same as above, then you are in the right career, but if you don’t feel so, then it’s time to consult a career counsellor. The choice is yours—
To choose a career by fluke or luck and resent every single day of your life
To make a more planned informed decision so that you have more to celebrate than to repent later…?
What choice would you make…?
To know more or for any assistance, please feel free to
Call our best career counsellors at 9250290502 or
Write to our best career counsellors us at firstname.lastname@example.org or
Log onto our website www.unipsy.in
To know more about the following questions; open the following links….
- What is a career? How is it different from work or job?
- Wrong reasons behind choosing a career
- Common mistakes people make while arriving at career decision
- Negative consequences of making an incorrect career decision
- What is career testing?
- How accurate is career testing?
- How does career counselling help?
If you wish you share your concerns in this regard or to book an appointment with our career counsellors… plz call us at or whatsapp us on 9250290502. Our career counsellors will get back to you soon.