‘ My daughter is in class 8th. She is a good student but during exam time, she gets quite nervous. Due to nervousness she is unable to write the answers in her exams. She is unable to score good marks due to this problem. How can I help her in this situation?
We often notice that our child has made a schedule to study the test portions and has been zealous in finishing her revision. It seems he/ she is well-prepared and confident to face the big day.
However, on D-day, catastrophe strikes. The question paper is deemed too lengthy and he/she is not able to finish writing all the answers. Moreover, in the rush to finish on time, some questions have been misinterpreted.
Is this a scenario, that some of you parents are all too familiar with? Does it seem that some children, however hard-working and ardent in their studies, lose out during exams because time ran out? The biggest problem here is ineffective time management strategy.
Here are 6 tips for parents as well as children which they can follow before preparing for exams :
- Don’t pressurize-Your child for getting good marks, instead support them emotionally during exams.
- Prioritize your “to-do” list-The night before or first thing in the morning. This will keep your mind focused on the most important task first.
- Developing a study schedule– For all tests ensures that adequate time is given for learning each lesson and subject.
- Practise writing quickly– If you don’t do practice papers before an exam, you might be surprised at how difficult it is to write quickly and legibly. Do a past paper a few days before and time it really strictly – work out a way to write quickly and neatly so that you don’t waste your first exam cracking this.
- Avoid distractions– Disconnect yourself from the world of social media and other leisure activities. Remember that technology is a tool to enhance success. It should be used judiciously to ‘manage’ time. things to help you focus while studying.
- Exercise– Start doing some light exercise, yoga, meditation or go for a brisk walk. It will make you active throughout the day.
For further details and queries you can leave your comments below or you can contact us at the details given below :
Visit us @www.unipsy.in
Mail us firstname.lastname@example.org
Call us @9250290502